Our work is supported by a team of dedicated volunteers. Volunteers assist people in the community by using their own personal skills and experience. Our volunteers go through a training programme developed for the different services that we offer.
You can volunteer for a few hours or for most of the day.
We need volunteers to assist with:
- Accessible Minibus Driving - to help deliver quality transport to organisations within the North Edinburgh area.
- Mini Bus Passenger Escorts - to help frail older people on and off our accessible buses (to and from their homes). An essential part of the driving team, Passenger Assistants work with PEP's drivers to ensure a smooth, effective service for all of our customers.
- Home Visiting - to offer companionship to older people in their homes.
- Club Assistant - help with the preparation of food, the organisation of activities and in ensuring that attending a PEP club is an enjoyable experience for each of the 125 older people who join us over the course of each week. Working with PEP's Clubs Organiser, each Club Assistant has specific tasks and works as part of a small team.
- Neighbourhood Group Companion - help with the preparation of food, the organisation of activities, befriend group members offering friendship and stability to some of the more vulnerable of individuals.
- Weekend Resource Companion - help in the preparation of food, the organisation of activities and befriend group members offering companionship to older vulnerable adults.
- Computing Tutors - to help deliver PEP’s dedicated IT strategy.
- Literacy and Numeracy Reading Buddy – to help support individuals with reading and writing tasks.
- Gardening Service – to help support the team to deliver a quality gardening service to the local community.
- Decorating Service - to help support the team to deliver a quality decorating service to the local community
- Homecare Assistant – to assist with basic home care tasks in people homes, such as vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen…etc.
If you are interested in volunteering with us or require more information please contact our volunteer co-coordinator Elaine on 0131 3154466 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will be happy to post an application pack to you.
Reimbursement of expenses is offered to all volunteers.